What a year 2016 has been… Brexit, The Donald, Leicester City and now, possibly the biggest shock of them all, Katie Hopkins issuing an apology. Plenty to contemplate over a mince pie and a sherry as we go into the Christmas holidays. On that note, we wish you and your families a restful and enjoyable time. Once again, we couldn’t have achieved Hailo’s best year ever in London without your help, so thanks!
First up, a heads up about our change to mytaxi to become Europe’s largest taxi app...
Hailo, London, Monday 10th October:
“Following the recent announcement of the deal between Hailo and mytaxi, founders Russ and Terry will be leaving the business. Terry and Russ were part of the six strong founding team here at Hailo and, together with Gary, were instrumental in building London and Ireland’s biggest taxi app. Over the past six years, they have worked tirelessly to promote the trade and they remain shareholders in the company. As the company transitions to a new leadership structure, and rebrands to mytaxi in the UK, Ireland and Spain, Terry and Russ will be moving on to new opportunities. ..
London Fashion Week First Name Campaign, 16th September 2016
- The following rules (“Rules”) together with Hailo Network Ltd (“Hailo”) general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at https://www.hailocab.com/hailo-competition-terms-and-conditions) apply to “London Fashion Week First Name Campaign” (“the Competition”) which will run from the 16th to 24th September 2016 (“the Duration”).
- Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Friday Football, Hailo London Driver Competition, August 2016 to May 2017
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Hailo Network Ltd (“Hailo”) general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at https://www.hailocab.com/hailo-competition-terms-and-conditions) apply to “Friday Football” (“the Competition”) which will start weekly on a Friday and end before the kick off the first football match listed that week. (“the Duration”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them...
Full terms and conditions apply:
£10 Airport discount FLYAWAY10:
- The £10 discount offer code is only valid for one Hailo journey that drops off at the following London airports: Heathrow, City, Stansted, Luton and Gatwick. It is not valid for journeys starting from London airports
- The £10 discount must be applied to your Hailo mobile app “Wallet” before you book your ride
- An airport destination must be entered into the Hailo app before booking
- The £10 discount is limited to only one to London airport journey booked by one mobile app customer only
- The £10 discount will be subtracted from the total value of the Hailo fixed airport fare of your next ride.
We committed to support the Knowledge so we’re excited to give you future details on our scheme in this edition. This month we’re also keeping you up to date with driver survey results, the latest cabbie talent and as usual we will be focussing on the positive impact that drivers have on London and in particular, the ‘less able’ community.
Knowledge Scheme Launch
We’re excited to announce that our Knowledge Scheme for drivers who have just passed out has now launched. Hailo was founded by drivers who instilled in the company the commitment and effort needed to complete the Knowledge successfully...
It’s All About You
Now things are starting to get back to normal post-Easter, I want to use this month’s blog to talk about cabbies, the trade and London’s future.
With the Mayoral Elections around the corner and campaigns like ‘Stay Fare Mayor’, it’s clear that there’s a lot of noise surrounding transport regulation and policy in London.
Our focus at Hailo has always been to promote the benefit of black cabs; speed, safety, security, accessibility, reducing congestions and emissions. Black cabs are an essential part of London transport and their importance and necessity for consumers is sometimes forgotten...